Special education counselors work with students with special needs who are in the special education program in elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools, to ensure they have the support services they need in order to achieve their highest potential in the areas of academics, personal and social growth, and career development.
This is accomplished by working with students in the areas of social, emotional, and behavioral growth in a variety of settings, including one-on-one counseling, group counseling, and indirect services providing recommendations to teachers in accordance with the needs of the student.
Our counselors may be reached at 915-926-8500, or via email.
Amelia Leony-Carrete, email@example.com
Sonia Galvan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Omar Torres, email@example.com
Counseling Resources for Students and Parents:
- Explaining Coronavirus to Students
- A story to help children understand Coronavirus
- Julia Cook, "The Yucky Bug"
- Autism Speaks Resources: COVID-19 Social Stories
- Children and COVID-19 from the CDC
- Sesame Street and Caring for Each Other
- Anger Management:
- Squeezing the angries out interactive activity for students to follow along.
- Soda Pop Head book - Read Aloud
Middle School and High School:
- Stress Resources
- Social Distancing
- Time to Come In book - Read Aloud
- APPS for students with Special Needs/ Applicaciones de Ipad para estudiantes con necesidades especiales
- Academic Resources/Recursos academicos
- Distance Learning for Students with Special Needs
- Homeschooling a child with ADHD
- All the Ideas in One Place
- Math Tutoring for Middle School and High School
- Books in Spanish/ Libros en Espanol