We would like to share some online resources and information that may be helpful to you and your family. We are excited to be the Autism Teachers for Clint School District and that we get the opportunity to work with all our students and families.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us!
Dr. Celeste Ornelas, Celeste.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Kutzman, Tara.email@example.com
“Autism … offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by.”- Dr. Colin Zimbleman
“The most interesting people you’ll find are ones that don’t fit into your average cardboard box. They’ll make what they need, they’ll make their own boxes,” - Dr. Temple Grandin
This is a GREAT website that provides lots of online course about Autism. Some topics are autism and law enforcement/ first responders, assistive technology, behavior, bullying, evidence-based practices, and others! There are also course in Spanish.
You can find resources about safety, financial planning, health and wellness, technology, behavior challenges, transition, medical resources, and more!
She provides resources and information about behavior, academics, and communication.
Learn tips on providing Speech Therapy Interventions at home.
Purdue Global, offers sensory-friendly family, and community activities.
Information for More Assistance
1101 E. Schuster Ave.
El Paso, Texas 79902
They provide classes for parents, children with autism, and siblings. They provide ABA therapy, a Feeding Clinic, Speech and Occupational Therapy, after-school programs, Parent Night Out, and Teen Night Out; just to name a few of their services!
Assistance in the home for your child such as feeding, toileting, dressing, or bathing.
1-888-276-0702 or contact local DSHS office at (915) 834-7675
- Other Services provided by Medicaid
Respite care, pest control services, first aid kit, SafeLink cell phone, or weight control program. Contact Medicaid for more information.
- Texas Waiver Programs
In order to get on the interest list call 1-877-438-5658.
- TxHmL and HCS (Individual must meet IQ requirements and have extreme deficits in adaptive behavior).
In order to get on the interest list call Emergence Health Care Network at (915) 599-6645.
- Yes Waiver (for families with children who have serious emotional disturbances- are eligible for different types of therapies, seasonal memberships, or transitional services, etc.).
In order to get on the interest list call Emergence Health Care Network at (915) 351-4680 ext. 11765
Educational and Vocational Assistance
- Project Search (915) 230-2825
- The Arc of El Paso (915) 564-4978
- VOLAR Center for Independent Living (915) 591-0800
- Call 2-1-1 to have quick and easy access to information on health and human services.
- Texas Workforce Commission call 800-628-5115
- Texas Health and Human Services call 877-787-8999
For more information about these service you can contact
Paso Del Notre Children’s Development Center
Social Worker (Will assist with filling out applications for resources)