My name is Diana Paoli, and I am the Communities in School Coordinator here at Mountain View High School!
My goal as a Communities in School Coordinator is to assist and support our MVHS administration, counselors, academic coaches, and teachers to ensure the overall success of all of our MVHS students. In addition, I am here to offer each student the educational, social, and emotional support and guidance they need to help them grow in maturity, insight, decisiveness, and character.
Most teenagers face numerous challenges inside and outside campus, therefore building a strong relationship with them through empathy and acceptance will help me empower them to succeed inside and outside the classroom. Every student works differently, therefore everyone needs a different way to cope and grow.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to getting to know you and your students throughout the school year!
Mountain View High School
The Mission of Communities in Schools is to surround students with a community of support that empowers them to stay in school and achieve in life.
CIS supports students in ways that both promote and improve:
Grade Level Promotion
High School Graduation Rates
Positive, Non-disruptive Behavior
Developing a Sense of Purpose
Goal Orientation and Achievement
As the coordinator of the program, my main objective at this campus is to make sure that our students are successful. This means successful as freshmen; successful as sophomores, juniors, and seniors; and then, successful in life after high school graduation.
Communities in Schools accepts student referrals from all campus faculty and staff, as well as parents, grandparents, friends, and students.
CIS helps at-risk students improve in academics, attendance and/or behavior, encouraging more students to stay in school, graduate and prepare for post-secondary life. CIS helps students address many issues or challenges that can prevent them from graduating and pursuing post-secondary goals. CIS takes a holistic (which means all-around) approach to help students by addressing their physical, emotional, and academic needs through a wide range of services. CIS gives students the opportunity for success by providing the following services:
- Academic Support:Long and short-term tutoring in collaboration with the Mountain View High School's tutoring center.
- Crisis Counseling and Intervention
- Supportive Guidance:Professional individual and group counseling services; other referrals to agencies made according to need.
- College & Career Readiness:Provide information/resources on higher education and career opportunities that are available.
- Enrichment:Group and cultural activities promoting self-awareness, self-esteem, family bonding, community awareness, and developmental issues. Personal and interpersonal skills training.
- Health: Presentations on HIV/AIDS, teen pregnancy, drug/alcohol abuse, and related topics.
- Teen Parent Program:provide presentations to all teen parents on topics such as prenatal care information, nutrition, community services and resources, daycare assistance, and parenting classes. Monitor academic achievement and attendance.
- Parental Involvement:Aimed at increasing the level of parental support in the education and well-being of their at-risk sons and daughters.
- Employment/Pre-Employment:Addresses economic pressures on the student's household, or on the student, through counseling and referrals. Job seeking assistance provided as needed.
- Emergency Resources:food pantry and clothes closet for students and their families.